Table of contents:
- Why are you slouching
- How to Stop Slouching: What Poor Posture Can Do
- How to get rid of the stoop: living conditions
- How to remove a slouch: daily life hacks
- How to keep your posture and not slouch when walking
- How to get rid of slouching with exercise
Beautiful posture is a sign of health! Use several proven life hacks to get the queen's gait and keep your back muscles in good shape.
Surely from childhood, the familiar to everyone “Do not stoop!”, “Straighten your back” and other calls to keep straight were sounded from parental lips.
Posture is very important, here do not go to the orthopedist, and so everything is clear. The muscles in the back support the spine, which in turn is the skeleton of the entire body.
Why are you slouching
- Posture is directly related to your emotional state: when you feel bad or tiredness takes over, your shoulders drop forward, your head is tilted, your back is bent. Such a pose as if confirms that the burden of problems presses on you from above. In a person who is on an emotional upsurge, posture is usually even, the shoulders themselves tend backward, a feeling of flight appears in the body.
- Very often, the state of posture is affected by the presence of congenital features or acquired injuries. Damage to the occipital bone associated with difficult childbirth, age-related changes in the state of the spine, for example, scoliosis, accompanying flat feet, displacement of the intervertebral discs due to sports and excessive stress.
- Unfortunately, the body does not always choose what is good for it: a stooped back is the most comfortable position for the back muscles, because they are in maximum relaxation.
- Dancing and endless drilling from childhood is also not a way out of the situation: in a state of eternal tension, the body gets tired and wears out even faster. To stop slouching, it is important not only to physically influence the muscles of the back, but also to maintain a calm mental state, which will allow the nerve endings to be brought into an adequate state.
How to Stop Slouching: What Poor Posture Can Do
Driving, working at a computer and other sedentary activities worsen the condition of the muscles in the back: in a stooped state, the chest is compressed, which makes it difficult for oxygen to enter the body. Because of this, a person is prone to stress, gets tired faster.
The consequences of improper posture are far from rosy:
- weakening of muscles;
- flat feet;
- decreased immunity;
- disruption of the visual apparatus;
- disorders of the nervous system;
- displacement of internal organs.
How to get rid of the stoop: living conditions
- To avoid stooping, it is necessary to create conditions for the muscles and spine under which the load will be evenly distributed, without injuring the back, but also without reducing the tone too much. Try to start with the little things around you.
- Make your workspace tailored specifically for you. The table and chair should be of the optimum height so that you do not have to bend.
- The back of a chair or chair should reach the middle of the shoulder blades, otherwise, by the end of the working day, the back will involuntarily bend forward.
- You need to sit so that both feet are firmly adjacent to the floor surface, and the hips and knees are at an angle of 90 degrees.
- The monitor should be at the level of your eyes.
- The berth meets all the necessary requirements: not too hard mattress, medium-sized pillow or roller.
How to remove a slouch: daily life hacks
- First, motivation. Do you want to look attractive and be healthy? A straight back is a guarantee of female beauty. Stick to these simple points to help you keep your back straight.
- Self-control. Remember that you need to keep your posture, over time it will become a habit.
- A place to sleep. Remember to create comfortable living conditions.
- Psychological condition. The more stable the emotional background, the more at ease your body.
- Distribute the weights. Try to carry the weights evenly in both hands.
- Sports activities. Regular exercise and walking are excellent prevention of slouching.Cardio workouts saturate the body with oxygen, and strength training gives the muscles elasticity and endurance. Swimming is considered one of the most beneficial sports for a healthy posture; this is especially true for those who regularly visit a gym with a pool.
- Massage. It works the muscle clamps, making you feel light, and your shoulders will finally straighten themselves.
- Use a special orthopedic corset and shoe insoles to correct your body position. Wearing a corset every day for 1-2 hours will teach your body to take the correct position.
How to keep your posture and not slouch when walking
Proud posture allows you to grow a couple of centimeters, raise your chest and even get rid of a double chin. Remember a few tricks to use when walking.
- Bring your shoulders back and down slightly, as if you have tiny wings in the back.
- Always try to look ahead, but do not throw your head back too much.
- Raise your ribcage and suck in your belly a little to help the silhouette be tucked up.
- When walking, do not take too large steps, try to lower yourself to a full foot, make sure that your feet do not look inward with your toes.
How to get rid of slouching with exercise
You can remove the stoop in an adult with the help of regular sports. Your task is to strengthen the body and saturate the body with oxygen. It's never too late to start! Daily home workouts will help you achieve an even posture and a slim silhouette.
- Walk up to the wall or closet, press the back of your head and shoulder blades firmly to the surface, look straight ahead.
- Stand this way for 5 minutes, then move away from the support, trying to maintain the position of the back as long as possible.
- Lie on your back, spread your arms to the sides.
- Lean on the back of your head and buttocks.
- Raise your back so that the fulcrum remains stationary.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
Exercise # 3
- Get on your knees, take your heels in your hands, bend back and throw your head back.
- Stay in this position for as long as you can.
- Repeat 5 times.
Pulling up on a horizontal bar or a classic plank from 30 seconds daily, 2 times a day. Try to do chin-ups or planks in the morning and evening, gradually lengthening the exercise time.
Exercise # 5
The bridge from the floor for 10-15 seconds, 5 sets.
- Stand up straight, clasp your hands behind you.
- Try to raise your clasped hands to the shoulder blades.
- Repeat 20 times, 2 rounds.
- Lie on your back, place a book or pillow under your shoulder blades.
- There should be a slight bend in the back.
- Take dumbbells or water bottles, 500 grams each.
- Lift dumbbells with straight arms 60 times in 3 sets.