Table of contents:
- Doing fitness at home for weight loss: lunges
- Doing fitness at home for weight loss: jump push-ups
- Doing fitness at home for weight loss: lunges with a jump
- Doing fitness at home for weight loss: squats
- Doing Fitness at Home for Weight Loss: Double Jump
- Doing fitness at home for weight loss: dynamic bar
- Doing fitness at home for weight loss: intervals
- Doing fitness at home for weight loss: jumping rope
- Doing fitness at home for weight loss: boat
- Doing fitness at home for weight loss: dog pose
We know that an active lifestyle is essential to maintain well-being and an ideal figure. But how do you start playing sports? We've compiled a list of the top 10 weight loss exercises. Fitness training can be done not only in the gym, but also at home.
Along with your diet, fitness at home should be a key element in your weight loss program. Exercise burns those extra calories, which leads to healthy weight loss. In addition to weight loss, you get other benefits - improved mood, stronger bones and reduced risk of many chronic diseases. Add weight loss strength training to your fitness program and exercise at home in your spare time.
Doing fitness at home for weight loss: lunges
There are many variations of the lunge, but the classic forward lunge is still very effective for weight loss. The exercise works on several muscles at once - the glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
- Stand up straight and measure the distance between your legs, hip-width apart. Place your hands on your hips and take a controlled step forward with your right foot.
- Keep your back straight and lower your body until your front leg and hind leg form a 90-degree angle.
- Pause, then bring your right leg to the starting position.
- Now repeat the exercise with your left leg, stepping forward.
- Repeat 10 times on each side. Do 3 sets in total.
Doing fitness at home for weight loss: jump push-ups
Push-ups effectively affect the spine, chest and legs at the same time. If you decide to add this exercise to your fitness workout for weight loss, then knee push-ups are suitable for beginners.
- Take a position where your feet are shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides. Move your hips back, bend your knees and squat down.
- Place your hands on the floor in front of you and transfer your weight onto them. Bounce back gently to land on your feet in board position.
- Jump with your feet forward so that they land outside of your arms. Stretch your arms up and take a jump.
- Immediately lower yourself back into the squat and do the push-up again. Repeat 8-12 times in 3 sets.
Doing fitness at home for weight loss: lunges with a jump
Want to lose weight fast? Incorporate this exercise into your fitness workout. The combination of cardio and strength is a great pair for weight loss as it will make you sweat serious.
- Place your feet together and place your hands on your hips. Step forward with your right foot.
- Lower until your right leg makes a 90-degree angle. Next, jump up and deftly change your legs.
- Repeat attacks for a minute, 3 sets.
Doing fitness at home for weight loss: squats
Squats are one of the best weight loss exercises at home. So your fitness workout should include squats one way or another. When done correctly, you develop the muscles of the spoke and lower body.
- Set your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides. Begin to slowly lower your legs and extend your arms in front of you.
- Keep your back straight and lower yourself until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Remember to keep an eye on your knees - they should be flush with your toes.
- Then take the starting position, keeping a moderate pace. Repeat 15 times in 3 sets.
Doing Fitness at Home for Weight Loss: Double Jump
Only when you are confident in your abilities, complicate lunges and squats. Combine both exercises while doing fitness at home for healthy weight loss.The more advanced option will increase your heart rate and you will feel effective work in the abs, buttocks and legs.
- Drop into a deep squat and rise sharply as if you were jumping out. But you should not return to the starting position, but to lunge with your right foot.
- Then, with the help of a jump, return to the squat position. Continue the exercise for 45 seconds, alternating legs. Just two approaches.
Doing fitness at home for weight loss: dynamic bar
The plank is a great way to tighten up literally every muscle. Back to Legs - Use this exercise in your home fitness routine. By the way, the dynamic option is just what you need for losing weight.
- Start with your arms wide apart, your feet together, and your body in a straight line.
- At the same time, jump with two legs in different directions and immediately return to the starting position. Do not lower your stomach down and repeat the exercise 30 times.
Doing fitness at home for weight loss: intervals
These intervals may be short, but trust me, they will help you diversify your workout and achieve the desired result. If you don't have dumbbells at home, order them at a sports equipment store.
- Place the dumbbells at shoulder level and your feet together.
- Raise the dumbbells up until your arms are fully extended. At the same time, jump with your legs apart. Continue for 20 seconds.
- After 10 seconds of rest, place your feet shoulder-width apart and the dumbbells on your chest.
- Start pushing out the dumbbells as if you were boxing. Continue for 20 seconds. After 10 seconds of rest, repeat the set of exercises 8 times, if possible.
Doing fitness at home for weight loss: jumping rope
Jumping rope will take a lot of space, but it's worth it. General tone, active burning of calories and practice for the back are just some of the benefits of jumping rope.
- Make soft jumps, holding the ends of the rope and pressing your elbows against the ribs.
- Actively swing the rope and jump over it. Continue jumping for 1 minute. Do 3 sets.
Doing fitness at home for weight loss: boat
As part of a fitness workout at home, we advise you to do an excellent exercise not only for losing weight, but also for preventing back pain.
- Lie on your stomach and stretch your arms forward.
- Contract your abs, glutes, and back, and at the same time lift your arms and legs up into the silhouette of a boat. Then return to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 times for 3 sets.
Doing fitness at home for weight loss: dog pose
The exercise is suitable for general concentration and the development of plasticity in the muscles of the back and legs.
- Get on all fours with your knees at hip level and your hands in line with your shoulders.
- Extend your straight leg back and your left arm in front of you. Squeeze your abs and glutes and return to the starting position.
- Do this 10 times on each side.