Table of contents:
- Mediterranean diet in Russia
- Main foods and dishes of the Mediterranean diet
- Mediterranean diet: menu for every day
- Mediterranean diet for weight loss: the pros, cons and reviews of nutritionists
The Mediterranean diet for weight loss - how to make a menu, what foods to avoid and what nutritionists think about this method of losing weight.
Mediterranean diet - how to create an up-to-date menu and adapt it in Russia.
Mediterranean diet for weight loss - we give a menu for a week and tell you how to adapt the diet to Russian realities.
Mediterranean diet in Russia
The essence of the Mediterranean diet is the regular consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes, aromatic herbs and spices. It is also important to eat fish and seafood several times a week. Poultry, eggs, cheese and yogurt are recommended to be consumed in moderation. Sweets and red meat - only on special occasions, and it is better to refuse them altogether.
Some products in Russia are either too expensive or difficult to find. That is why nutritionists advise to adjust Mediterranean food to Russian conditions. First of all, remember that dishes can be seasoned not with olive oil, but with unrefined sunflower oil. Additionally, you can diversify the menu with pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
The Mediterranean diet in Russia includes pink salmon, mackerel or herring. To help digest the fish, serve it with a light side dish like cauliflower or broccoli. Count on any durum wheat pasta. Exotic herbs are easily replaced with other fresh herbs that you can find at your local supermarket.
Main foods and dishes of the Mediterranean diet
There are not many restrictions on the Mediterranean diet. Usually all products are allowed, but under certain conditions. Even red meat and sugar are included in the diet from time to time.
- whole grains;
- beans and lentils;
- olive and sunflower oil;
- nuts and seeds;
- a fish;
- dairy products;
- poultry (in moderation);
- red wine (in moderation).
- red meat (in large quantities);
- refined products;
- fast food.
Best Mediterranean Diet Meals
Here's what you can cook on the Mediterranean diet:
- toast with avocado;
- egg casserole with mushrooms and spinach;
- Caesar salad;
- bean and tuna salad;
- shrimp and avocado salad;
- Greek pasta and cucumber salad;
- chicken with balsamic vinegar;
- baked fish with lemon.
Mediterranean diet: menu for every day
We have drawn up a seven-day plan for what you can and should eat as part of the Mediterranean diet.
Mediterranean diet: menu for every day - examples of breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks.
- 1 whole grain toast, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, diced apple or peach
- 3/4 cup boiled quinoa, bruschetta, soft-boiled or poached egg
- a cup of oatmeal, 0.5 cups of cherries, a tablespoon of chopped walnuts;
- a cup of fatty plain Greek yogurt, a tablespoon of honey, 0.5 cups of frozen berries;
- an egg, 2 tablespoons of soft cheese, half a tortilla or pita bread;
- 2 slices bread, 1/4 avocado, tablespoon red pepper.
- cashew salad with tuna and cucumbers;
- 2 cups chopped lettuce, 0.5 cups chopped tomatoes, 0.5 cups chopped cucumbers, 2 tablespoons feta cheese, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- eggplant with bulgur or quinoa;
- grilled chicken and cauliflower.
- baked salmon and arugula, seasoned with oil;
- pasta with tomatoes, pesto and parmesan;
- halibut with vegetable salad;
- grilled or baked vegetables and grilled salmon;
- prawns with chili and beans.
- pistachios and orange;
- 0.5 cups tomatoes and olives;
- hard boiled egg and apple;
- Greek yogurt
Mediterranean diet for weight loss: the pros, cons and reviews of nutritionists
We will tell you what nutritionists think about the Mediterranean diet and what pitfalls may await you.
Mediterranean diet for weight loss: the pros, cons and reviews of nutritionists.
The main advantages of eating Mediterranean
- diet food includes all key food groups;
- the menu is quite varied;
- the Mediterranean diet for weight loss is not as strict as mono diets or drinking diets, which means that it is easier to stick to the Mediterranean diet;
- diet helps to reduce the amount of "bad" cholesterol in the body; the fact is that the Mediterranean menu contains almost no saturated fat products.
Cons of the Mediterranean diet
- even if you replace all the expensive products with a cheap alternative, the Mediterranean menu is quite expensive;
- time is needed to prepare dishes from fresh products;
- to lose weight on a Mediterranean diet, you need to actively play sports;
- if you are diagnosed with diabetes, seek medical advice; Large amounts of grains, fruits and vegetables can cause spikes in blood sugar. To avoid this, start your diet under the strict guidance of specialists and individually adjust the menu.
At first glance, it seems counterintuitive that a diet rich in oils and nuts can help you lose weight. However, unsaturated fats, when combined with fresh vegetables and fruits rich in fiber, improve well-being and normalize metabolism.
Several studies have shown that a Mediterranean diet and a low-carb diet lead to similar weight loss results after a year. Nutritionists warn not to expect instant results. Eating a balanced diet will help you lose weight gradually. Real results should be expected in about a few months.
A balanced diet is the best way to keep fit. Combine proper diet with exercise.
Popular by topic
It is common knowledge that hypothyroidism cannot be cured; it can only be controlled. But not everyone knows that for this you can not only take medication, but also eat (or not eat)
What could be easier than boiling an egg? You put it in water, let it boil, time it, and that's it. But it turns out that from the point of view of physics and chemistry, we constantly do one
A selection of dietary recipes from white cabbage and cauliflower
The founder of the DAVIANI Beauty & SPA beauty center and expert of the beauty industry Yulia Smolina shares the secrets of success, attitude to competition, modern trends in women
Thin oily hair is the scourge of many girls who dream of luxurious styling. Now everything will change