Table of contents:
- What is shoe fullness and why should you measure it
- How to determine the fullness of a foot for a shoe
- Leg weight tables for shoes
- American and European systems: differences
- Tips for buying shoes and ordering online
The fullness of the shoe is just as important as the regular size. In order not to be mistaken with it, use the tips that we give in this article. We will tell you what the fullness of shoes means and how to correctly determine it from the table.
If we have more or less learned to choose shoes according to the length and width of the foot and navigate in the dimensional grids of different countries, then many have not even heard of such a parameter as the completeness of shoes. And this is one of the most important characteristics that you need to consider when buying shoes. The health of the feet, and the comfort during wear, and how long this or that pair of shoes will last, will depend on it. In most cases, people have standard obesity, one for those who, for example, have excess weight or problems with leg swelling, it can vary significantly and affect the choice of size. Contents of the article 1. What is footwear fullness and why should it be measured 2. How to determine the fullness of a foot for a shoe 2.1 How to measure correctly 2.2 What formula is used to count 3. Tables of completeness of feet for shoes 3.1 Completeness of women's and men's shoes 3.2 Size of completeness of children's shoes 4. American and European systems: differences 4.1 American designation of completeness of shoes for women 4.2 American tables of completeness of men's shoes 4.3 European system of completeness of shoes 5. Tips for buying shoes and ordering online Hide
What is shoe fullness and why should you measure it
The fullness of the shoe is a value obtained by measuring the circumference of the forefoot at the most prominent points. This is the parameter that determines how comfortable the shoe will sit on the foot, whether it will not press when walking. And the health of the legs directly depends on this. It is especially important to consider completeness when buying shoes made of stiff materials.
If you have a wide foot, it will be all the more important to measure leg fullness. Improperly fitted shoes can squeeze the foot, thereby disrupting blood circulation, which can lead to calluses, corns, vascular disease and even seizures.
Don't forget about the length parameter. If the shoes are much larger, then the legs will get tired faster, and with regular wearing of such a pair of feet, it may deform, protruding bones will appear, which are not so easy to get rid of.
It is also important to pay attention to completeness when shopping for children's shoes. Too narrow or too wide a pair can lead to improper development of the foot and its deformation, poor posture and poor coordination of movements. Taking shoes to grow is a gross mistake that will not lead to anything good.
So, as we can see, it is impossible to ignore the fullness of the leg when choosing shoes. This is exactly the case when it is better to spend a little more time and money in order to find the perfect match.
How to determine the fullness of a foot for a shoe
How to measure correctly
To correctly measure leg fullness, you will need a measuring tape, a pencil and a blank A4 sheet. First, measure the circumference of your foot at its widest point. Next, measure your foot length. To do this, you need to stand on the sheet and circle both feet. The distance between the outermost points will be the length of the foot.
- It is better to measure the fullness of shoes in the evening, when the foot is a little swollen and swollen from physical activity during the day.
- If you are planning to buy winter shoes, then put on thick socks before measuring the parameters.
- When tracing your foot on a piece of paper, hold your pencil strictly perpendicular to the sheet.
- It is recommended to measure both feet and focus on those values that are larger.
What is the formula to count
How to correctly determine the completeness of a shoe? For this, there is a special formula that is suitable for both women and men:
X = 0.25 * A-0.15 * B-C
Leg weight tables for shoes
Completeness of women's and men's shoes
Adult table of completeness of shoes
Size of fullness of children's shoes
As such, there is no separate table of the completeness of children's shoes, since the child's body grows and changes very quickly, so it is quite difficult to clearly determine this indicator. But our brands go out and produce comfortable children's shoes with various adjustable Velcro, laces, fasteners that help to adjust the size.
However, from American and European manufacturers, you can find letter designations for the width of the shoes:
N (Narrow) - narrow foot;
M (Medium) - standard;
W (Wide) - wide;
XW (X-Wide) - very wide foot;
XXW (XX-Wide) is the widest.
American and European systems: differences
American designation of completeness of shoes for women
American table of completeness of women's shoes
American table of completeness of men's shoes
American table of completeness of men's shoes
European footwear completeness system
In the European system, the completeness of a shoe is indicated by numbers: from 1 to 12. The average completeness is designated as 6F. The difference between each successive value is 5 mm.
European table of completeness of shoes
Tips for buying shoes and ordering online
- If you order shoes on the Internet, be sure to study the size chart of a particular brand. If necessary, measure the length and width of the foot again and find the corresponding size in the table.
- When buying open shoes, pay attention to how the foot is located - it should not go beyond the shape of the shoe, the heel and toes should not slip out when walking.
- Remember to have some free space in the toes. This will not only provide you with comfort, but also prevent damage to the nail plate, joints and the appearance of bones near the thumb.
- In some brands you can find models with both standard fullness and exactly the same pairs of shoes with increased fullness.
- It is especially important to consider the completeness parameter when buying skates, trekking boots, running shoes, ski boots.
- Depending on the shoe model, in addition to the size and fullness, it is worth considering a few more parameters: the width of the bootleg, the height of the heel, and the rise.
- And of course, it is better to give preference to shoes made of genuine leather. Over time, it becomes slightly softer and adapts to the shape of the foot.