Table of contents:
For a long time, sunscreens for the face not only protect, they have a lot of different functions. See our selection and choose what suits you best!
The benefits of sunscreens for face and body are undeniable: even children know that too much sun is bad for their health. One of the most obvious consequences of being exposed to ultraviolet rays for a long time without proper protection is sunburn, but it is far from the only one. Here are 5 more reasons why you should regularly use sunscreen, and perhaps not only on sunny days, because even if the sun is not visible, it still shines.
- If you use sun protection, the likelihood that you will develop skin cancer (in particular, melanoma) is greatly reduced.
- Creams prolong the youthfulness of your skin - it has been proven that under the scorching sun, the same wrinkles appear much faster.
- You are less likely to develop age spots, because in fact they are an accumulation of melanin, a dark skin pigment, namely, it is activated by the sun.
- Sunscreen also protects you from overheating - without it, heatstroke can overtake you much faster than with it.
- By applying the cream, you set a good example for children - this is not important for everyone, but still teaching children to protect themselves from the sun is also useful.
Among other things, sunscreens are now complex products. The times when the cream only protected from the sun and nothing else are a thing of the past, now manufacturers are trying to provide their products with the maximum of useful properties. There are creams that whiten the skin, moisturize it, fight its aging and smooth out wrinkles, prevent the formation of age spots, and there is nothing to say about nutrition - each cream necessarily contains some substances that your skin may lack. Sunscreens are indispensable neither in winter nor in summer; this is one of those products that must be in your cosmetic bag.
How to properly apply sunscreen
Sunscreen is not enough just to spread on - you need to use it in the right amounts and renew it regularly. Plus, good face sunscreens have SPF 50 or at least 25-30 - in which case they provide really good protection. Creams with SPF 15 are not very suitable for sunny days, they are best used when it is cloudy.
So how do you apply the cream?
- A couple of smears on the face will not be enough - the cream should cover the skin with an even layer, for each square centimeter there should be about two milligrams of cream. The approximate amount for the whole face is about a spoon.
- Renew the cream every two hours, and after you bathe, sweat heavily, or dry off with a towel. All these actions reduce the effectiveness of the cream, which means that it no longer protects your skin so well.
- Do not forget to apply the cream on the back of the neck, ears, around the eyes, on the open scalp (although it is better, of course, to wear a hat). These places are often overlooked.
- Oddly enough, sunscreen comes in handy not only outdoors but also indoors. Windows can transmit ultraviolet rays. If you live in a hot climate or are on vacation, try to renew the cream layer regularly, regardless of whether you are walking down the street or not.
Among other things, try not to be outdoors at a time when the sun is especially active (from about 11 am to 4 pm), wear a hat and light loose clothing.
How to choose sunscreen? Look at SPF - the more, the better protection, by skin type, by additional functions. Manufacturers are also important, for example, Korean, Israeli sunscreens for the face, many others have proven themselves well.
5 best sunscreens for face: Cosmo's choice
Think, Thinkbaby, SPF 50 Sunscreen
A cream with a good protection factor - with it your skin will not suffer from the sun, even if you go to the beach in the middle of the day. The main active ingredient is zinc oxide, which protects the skin from all types of sunlight. Waterproof: if you go swimming, it will stay on the skin for 80 minutes. Apply 15 minutes before leaving home.
Alba Botanica, Natural Sunscreen, SPF 30
This cream has a slightly lower degree of protection, but still enough to avoid sunburn. Besides its main function, it also moisturizes and soothes the skin. Vegetarian Friendly - Not tested on animals and lacking related ingredients.
Gigi, anti-aging facial sunscreen
This cream both moisturizes and fights skin aging and protects it. Its peculiarity is that it can be used after various cosmetic procedures, such as peeling, after which it is undesirable to be under the sun. Apply half an hour before leaving the house.
Mesoestetic, moisturizing facial sunscreen
If your skin dries very quickly, leaving a feeling of tightness, this cream will help you. It quickly restores the moisture balance of the skin, without forgetting to protect it. Contains antioxidants, so it also has a rejuvenating effect.
Klapp, anti-age spots sunscreen
Pigmented spots in the sun are especially easy to form, because it activates the production of melanin, their main component. The cream prevents this, and also whitens existing spots, refreshes and rejuvenates in general. Contains herbal extracts.