Table of contents:
In an era of accelerated pace of life, sometimes there is not enough time for oneself. Not surprisingly, going to the gym can be a challenge. But I want to have beautiful legs. How to be? We offer an alternative - home leg workout.
We have already talked about effective leg exercises in the gym. However, there is a more budget-friendly way to get beautiful legs than buying a membership to a fitness club. How to properly organize your leg workout at home?
Leg workout at home
Above all, follow the correct technique. At home, the instructor will not tell you, so carefully read the rules for doing the exercises. Good news for those in a rush: the home leg workout program only takes 10 minutes a day.
Exercises for the legs at home
Lunges work well on the muscles of the hips and buttocks, which are usually the most problematic.
- Stand up straight with your arms at your sides.
- Step forward with your right foot, distributing the weight evenly over the entire foot.
- A right angle should form at the knee.
- The left knee should be pointing towards the floor.
- Return to starting position and repeat on the other leg.
This exercise is similar to the previous one, but you do not step forward, but backward. It is important to ensure that the knee of the leg in front does not extend beyond the foot.
Exercise targeting the back of the thigh and buttocks.
The side lunge pumps the inner thigh and, with the right technique, does not overload the knees.
- Stand up straight with your feet together.
- Take a wide step to the side with your right foot. Lower your foot completely and transfer your body weight to your right leg.
- Do a deep squat.
- The left leg forms a straight line while squatting.
- Push off the floor with your heel and return to the starting position.
Where can we go without them! Squats are considered one of the most effective leg and hip exercises for women. Regularly doing bodyweight squats at home (without using weights) will give results comparable to working out in the gym. In addition, without additional weight, the load on the knee joint is reduced.
- Put your feet shoulder-width apart, stretch your arms in front of you.
- Bend your legs and squat to a right angle at the knees.
- Hold this position for a couple of seconds and slowly return to the starting position.
This squat variation helps to work out the inner thighs. It's easy to do.
- Put your feet wider than your shoulders, turn the toes of your feet outward.
- Squat slowly and return to the starting position just as slowly.
Exercise for the legs "gluteal bridge" perfectly pumps the hips and buttocks.
- Lie on your back with your arms extended along your torso.
- Bend your legs at right angles, spread your feet slightly.
- Leaning on your shoulder blades and feet, lift your buttocks to the highest possible height.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
The popular bicycle exercise strengthens the abdominal muscles and the front of the thighs. By spinning imaginary pedals, you can significantly improve the shape of your legs.
- Lie on your back with your arms folded under your head.
- Raise your legs and perform movements in an elliptical path, as if you were riding a bicycle.
- Pull the opposite arm towards the bent leg - this will increase the load on the abs.
Scissors help tighten the back of your thighs.
- Lie on the floor with your arms extended along your body.
- Raise your straight legs off the floor.
- Perform knee-downs and leg extensions at a low amplitude.