Table of contents:
- How to rinse hair dye at home: the best recipes
- How to remove dark hair dye
- How to remove tonic from hair
No matter how the colorist checks the proportions of the paint, the result of staining can still be unpredictable, and if you independently experimented with changing colors, the risk is even higher. What if you are not satisfied with the result of the image change? Fortunately, there is a way to get rid of the traces of a failed experiment.
You can correct mistakes after dyeing your hair using the tips for removing the dye. We will tell you how to quickly wash off hair dye at home. Contents of the article 1. How to wash off hair dye at home: the best recipes 1.1 How to rinse hair dye with lemon juice 1.2 How to rinse hair dye with sour cream 1.3 How to rinse hair dye with oil 1.4 How to rinse hair dye with aspirin 1.5 How rinse hair dye with baking soda 1.6 How to rinse hair dye with kefir 2. How to wash off dark dye from hair 2.1 How to quickly wash off black dye from hair with honey 2.2 How to wash off dark dye from hair with lemon juice 2.3 How to wash off dye from black hair with tar soap 3. How to wash off tonic from hair 3.1 How to wash off tonic from hair using colorless henna 3.2 How to wash off tonic from hair with mayonnaise Hide
Washing away is the removal of pigment from the hair and return to the original color. How to wash off hair dye without harm? After the washing procedure or, in professional language, pickling, it is imperative to dye your hair again, otherwise it will remain "empty" and break.
Even if you are concerned about how to restore your hair to its natural color after dyeing, re-dyeing cannot be avoided. Try to find a tone close to your natural color. Then the transition will be smooth and gentle.
There are special formulations for cleaning. However, their application requires special knowledge and skills to accurately calculate the proportions. Basically, they are used in professional salons. You can try to wash off the dye from your hair with home remedies on your own, let's see if it's so difficult?
How to rinse hair dye at home: the best recipes
It is preferable to do the wash in the salon using professional methods, but you can wash off the dye from your hair and folk remedies. If you dare to carry out the procedure yourself, choose a product from our selection.
Removing dye from your hair at home can be tricky, but it can still be done.
How to rinse hair dye with lemon juice
You can get rid of unwanted pigment with a lemon mask. Step-by-step recipe to rinse the dye to natural hair color:
- Take lemon juice, vegetable oil, egg, and honey
- Strain the juice of one lemon, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, an egg and 2 teaspoons of honey
- Apply the mixture to your hair, put on a shower cap and wrap the top with a towel for warmth
- Soak for 1-2 hours, then wash off
It may take several procedures to completely wash off the color of the dye from the hair.
How to wash off hair dye with sour cream
Sour cream will help to effectively wash the dye from the hair due to the content of lactic acid and animal fats, it can be replaced with kefir and fermented baked milk, but sour cream is more convenient than other fermented milk products to be applied to the hair due to its thick texture.
- Spread sour cream of high fat content over the entire length of the hair. For long hair, take about 500 g, for medium hair - 200 g.
- Keep the sour cream mask under the shower cap for 2-3 hours
- Wash off with shampoo and plenty of water
- Take your regular hair balm or conditioner
How to remove hair dye with oil
Coconut oil is one of the most effective remedies for removing color from your hair. Why coconut? This natural product is rich in fatty acids, penetrates deep into the hair and breaks down the bonds within the pigment.Try it, the oil removes dye from your hair well!
- You need to take 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil for medium hair length
- Warm up the oil in a water bath to a liquid state
- Apply it all over your hair and put on a shower cap, wrap with a towel
- Let the mask work for 2-3 hours. Some experts recommend soaking coconut oil on your hair overnight. Then it has time to penetrate deeper into the hair shaft and destroy the coloring pigment, so removing the paint from the hair will be easier.
- The oil will have to be washed off with shampoo and then conditioner for your hair type.
How to remove dye from hair with aspirin
Acetylsalicylic acid (popularly known as aspirin) is one of the best beauty products in the pharmacy, and is suitable for properly rinsing hair dye or getting rid of unwanted shades.
- Crush 10 aspirin tablets and dissolve in a liter of warm water
- Use solution instead of rinse aid after washing
- This procedure must be carried out several times.
How to rinse hair dye with baking soda
One of the tools that every home definitely has is soda. Soda? Hmm … will she wash the dye from her hair? Reviews of those who have tried to wash off hair dye in different ways, they say, is suitable like nothing else.
- Wash your hair with a high pH shampoo
- Rinse your curls
- Mix equal proportions of baking soda and shampoo
- Apply the mixture to your hair, massage in and leave for 5-10 minutes
- Then wash your hair thoroughly.
- Moisturize your hair with your favorite nourishing balm
It so happens that the staining result is disappointing. Do not rush to despair - you can wash off the hair dye!
How to wash off hair dye with kefir
Kefir is a good product that removes dye from hair.
- Buy kefir of the highest fat content
- Apply it to the colored strands, comb them with a comb with rare teeth
- Put on a shower cap and wrap the top with a towel
- Soak the kefir mask for an hour, then wash off with warm water and shampoo
- Repeat if necessary
How to remove dark hair dye
Since it is not easy to wash off black paint (as well as red) from hair at home due to the fact that the pigment is more resistant, you have to try.
Honey, lemon juice and tar soap are most effective in removing dark shades of hair dye on their own.
How to quickly wash off black hair dye with honey
- Heat three tablespoons of honey to a liquid consistency, but not to a boil
Cool it to room temperature, distribute it through the hair, leave it overnight, wrapping it in plastic
In the morning, wash off the composition from your head using your usual means.
Since you won't be able to quickly wash off dark dye from your hair, count on repeating the procedure.
How to wash off dark hair dye with lemon juice
- Peel one lemon, grate
- Apply to hair for 20-25 minutes
- Wash off the mask with warm water and use your usual care
You should not count on a quick effect, since it is really difficult to wash off the dye from your hair, especially black. Therefore, as in the case of honey, the procedure will have to be repeated several times. After lemon juice, you can apply oil to your hair - regular vegetable oil or special oil from a professional store.
How to wash off dye from black hair with tar soap
- Take some tar soap
- Lather your hair liberally several times, rinsing thoroughly with water each time
- Then apply oil or balm to your hair.
Stylists still advise you to look in the store for special products based on the above components. They will definitely contain balanced and hair-safe proportions of active ingredients. At home, pay special attention to the correct amount of the product to properly rinse the dye from your hair.
Washable temporary hair dye can color damaged hair more intensely than expected, making it harder to get rid of the tint.
How to remove tonic from hair
Toning agents are unstable dyes, we can say that this is a temporary hair dye, washed off with water and shampoo. It will be easier to get rid of them than from the permanent paint. There is no ammonia in the tinting agents, they do not penetrate into the hair structure, but rather lie on the surface. Toners are usually washed off quickly as a result of regular hygienic shampooing. And this is a simple shampoo, not a special one that removes dye from the hair. But, if you don't want to wait, learn how to wash your hair tonic at home.
How to rinse hair tonic with colorless henna
You can restore hair color using ordinary colorless henna.
- Dilute henna to the state of gruel
- Add a teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Apply the composition to the hair, leave for 2 hours, wrapping the hair with plastic and a towel
- Wash your hair using your regular shampoo and conditioner
How to wash off tonic from hair with mayonnaise
It is much easier to wash off the coloring with a tonic, because the paint penetrates into the hair structure. As part of the toning agents, there is no ammonia, it seems to remain on the surface, enveloping the curls. A mixture of 50 g of mayonnaise, 25 g of colorless henna and one egg will help wash off the tinted temporary hair dye faster. If you have oily hair, only use egg white.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and apply to hair
- Leave it on for 40 minutes
- Wash your hair as usual
By the way, for those who do not have the time or desire to mess with the tonic, the manufacturers provide a washable spray paint for hair make-up. Convenient spray cans are available in different shades, and the product is applied like a varnish. There are options that last all day. It is better to wash your head in the evening, as the pigment clogs the pores.
Variations for young women of fashion are also produced in the same bottles in the form of mousses, crayons or sprays. Children's washable hair dye is safe for health and does not irritate the skin. But you need to be prepared for the fact that the strands fade very quickly.
And one useful tip as an afterword. You have probably come across the fact that when dyeing hair, traces of pigment remain on the scalp and hands. How and with what to wash off hair dye from the skin after dyeing?
It's simple. All the means listed in the article are suitable for this: lemon, kefir, tar soap, oil, soda. Alternatively, you can use vinegar, toothpaste, or professional products from a hairdressing store, such as Estelle remover, to remove paint stains from leather.