Table of contents:
- Hair tinting and highlighting: what is the difference
- How to tone hair after highlighting
- Hair tinting after highlighting: result and reviews
How to dye highlighted hair to get a beautiful shade? Let's talk about toning hair after highlighting.
Highlighting and toning hair are completely different coloring techniques.
How to make toning after highlighting and what are the disadvantages - we understand everything in order.
Hair tinting and highlighting: what is the difference
You need to understand that highlighting and toning hair are completely different coloring techniques. In the first case, we use a lightening or contrasting shade and highlight individual strands with it. Most often, stylists work with long-lasting paint that lasts for several months on the hair.
Hair tinting - light coloring with unstable dye. The main advantage of toning is that it is much safer than conventional coloring, since manufacturers do not add aggressive and harmful substances to the tinting agents. But there is also a minus - if you want to change the color for a long time, toning will not help you. The task of toning is to enhance the saturation of the hair color and add contrasting highlights and tints to it.
But why toning highlighted hair? Hairdressers have come up with a way to revive damaged curls. Highlighted hair does not look shiny, well-groomed and expressive. To create a natural shade, stylists rely on careful coloring with tinting agents without ammonia.
How to tone hair after highlighting
With the help of tinting products, you can dye curls along the entire length to completely change the shade, or only some strands. Toning can be done 1-2 times a month, and it is not recommended to highlight hair more than twice every 4 months.
Toning can be done a few days after highlighting. A short break will prepare the curls for the new staining procedure. Stylists advise toning highlighted hair along the entire length, since at home toning individual strands is much more difficult. Partial hair tinting is relevant only for dyeing with ombre, balayazh and shatush.
Test your tinting product to make sure it works for you. Apply the product to the back of the head and wait 15-20 minutes. If you do not have allergies, feel free to use paint.
The most suitable toning agent is a tint shampoo. Spread the product over the entire length of damp hair, wait for lather and rinse thoroughly with the shampoo. A balm for toning hair can be used instead of a regular care product.
Spread the product over the entire length of damp hair.
Standard laugh toning after highlighting:
- Take a tinted shampoo or paint of the desired color.
- Wash your hair in two days. Moisten your hair with warm water before the procedure.
- Divide the curls into several equal strands and fix each.
- Cover your hairline with a greasy cream or petroleum jelly.
- Dilute the product according to the instructions (if required).
- Use a handy brush or sponge to paint.
- Start toning your hair from the crown, then move on to the temples, and only then paint over the ends. Leave the product on your hair, following the instructions.
- Rinse off the color product with warm water and then rinse clean hair with cool water.
Hair tinting after highlighting: result and reviews
After toning highlighted hair, the shade will become more saturated and natural. Some are afraid that the tinted shampoo will completely repaint the highlighted strands. But in vain! The tinting paint does not penetrate deeply into the hair shaft, but only lingers on the surface. Toning helps combat unwanted tones such as yellow or greenish tones.
What results await after toning highlighted hair:
- elimination of dryness and fading curls;
- saturation of the new shade;
- elimination of ugly undertones after lightening;
- smoothing the border between dyed and natural hair color.
Hair tinting after highlighting: reviews
Many users have highlighted both the pros and cons of coloring with tint agents.
- easy to tint at home;
- tinting agents are cheaper;
- tinting is much safer than permanent staining;
- the ability to experiment with unusual shades;
- you can dye your hair to any length.
- the color is quickly washed out and requires frequent correction;
- tint products can only change the shade of the hair by 1-2 tones;
- toning does not cover gray hair;
- sometimes tonics color the hair unevenly.
Popular by topic
We hope you didn't miss the opportunity to get creative and cut Jack the Lantern out of a pumpkin for Halloween! Now, however, a logical question arises: where is this
Thin oily hair is the scourge of many girls who dream of luxurious styling. Now everything will change
The skin of the face is daily exposed to a variety of factors: wind, sun rays, rain, frost. Her condition is influenced not only by these external factors, but also by internal
Why do people get vaccinated and still get sick: how coronavirus vaccinations work
Why hair falls out and how to stop it