An unsuitable shape, a changed color, a floating contour - an unsuccessful permanent not only changes its appearance, but also makes one get nervous trying to get rid of it. Is it possible to completely correct the disaster on the face, and if so, how?
Lilia Ivanova, master of permanent make-up, lecturer at the Institute of Cosmetology and Aesthetic Medicine
Despite the immense popularity of permanent makeup and its ubiquity, we still see faces that have been left a mark by unsuccessful tattooing. It does not matter whether you have come across an unqualified master and want to remove the consequences or are just going to sign up for the procedure, do not allow experimenting on your face and choose a trusted specialist!
An experienced artist will be able to correct the imperfections and transform your failed permanent into a more natural and eye-catching makeup. How exactly, you will find out in our material, but first, let's figure out the reasons that can lead to a poor-quality result.
The main mistakes of permanent makeup
1. Firstof course the most common is wrong shape or thickness, as well as asymmetry (when it comes to eyebrow makeup). This happens due to the master's incorrect assessment of the merits and demerits of the client's face. Without an objective look at the initial data and proportions, it is impossible to correctly choose the ideal shape for eyebrows, eyelids and lips.
2. The second the common mistake of inexperienced or non-professional craftsmen is wrong color… The correct choice of pigment is based on knowledge of color types, as well as on the coloring components and the quality of the pigment itself.
3. A common problem among the owners of low-quality permanent make-up is hue change… Most often, over time, the tone "mutates" into blue or red. This error is caused by the master's ignorance of at least the basics of color. For example, eyebrows or arrows may turn red if a lot of warm brown pigment (based on red) is applied.
To prevent permanent makeup from turning blue over time, a little warm brown or red pigment must be added to the black pigment, since black is essentially a concentrated blue pigment. So, the blue tint on the arrows can be due to the destruction of the pigment over time and the loss of intensity.
4. Failure to comply with the depth of application of the pigment - is also one of the main reasons for unsuccessful tattooing. It can be either too deep or too superficially driven in pigment. This problem brings us back to hue change. When black pigment is injected too deeply, it acquires a blue tint on the skin. Well, if applied too superficially, nothing may remain from the permanent make-up procedure, or, worse, remain partially - in pieces.
5. Another reason for low-quality permanent make-up occurs most often through no fault of the master. it improper care… Failure to follow the recommendations of post-procedural care or the wrong advice from an inexperienced technician can lead to leaching of the pigment. Peeling off the crusts, soaking the area of application, lubrication with healing agents negatively affects - the pigment is washed out and does not take root.
6. Well, the last mistake - incorrect selection of the technique for applying permanent makeup… The correct choice depends on many factors: the client's skin type, the direction of hair growth, and, of course, wishes.
Permanent makeup techniques
Today, in permanent makeup procedures, there are several techniques used depending on the area of application.Permanent eyebrow makeup can be done in the following techniques:
- powdery eyebrow dusting;
- eyebrow microblading;
- hair technique;
- watercolor technique;
- mixed technique (hair technique + shading);
- nano-spray technology (pixel technology).
Permanent lip makeup can be done in the following techniques:
- contouring technique;
- contouring technique with shading;
- watercolor lip tattoo;
- 3D technology.
Permanent eyelid makeup can be performed using the following techniques:
- art permanent;
- staining of the space between the eyelashes.
So, for example, the spray technique is more suitable for oily and porous skin, and hairy for thin and dry skin.
How to fix an unsuccessful permanent
In most cases, professional permanent makeup artists can overlap poor-quality work due to their knowledge of coloristics and practical skills, that is, to correct the previous failed work with the help of new permanent make-up. Overlapping doesn't always work, however.
Its capabilities depend on the task at hand: what needs to be corrected - color or shape - and to what extent? So, it is impossible to make straight, transparent and light brown eyebrows from black and blue arched eyebrows. Wide arrows cannot be corrected for thin ones. Downward arrows or "tails" of eyebrows cannot be raised …
The form can mainly be corrected by overlapping by increasing the area. It rarely happens that it is possible to reduce the area, for example, if the old permanent makeup is pale, and the new procedure provides clear boundaries.
If the customer is dissatisfied color the resulting permanent makeup, the following corrections are possible: the warm shade changes to a cold one - and vice versa. Light pigment can be darkened. You can even go from dark to light! But the change in transparency is real only in the direction of compaction. At the same time, the client must understand that it will not be possible to turn densely painted eyebrows into transparent ones, but making them visually lighter and softer is quite: a professional master corrects the border color.
If you came to the salon, where you were offered to paint over an unsuccessful dark permanent make-up with body shades, it is better to immediately wish them all the best and leave this place, because these manipulations are absolutely impossible to do. Skin tones can only be used in certain specific cases, for example, to visually equalize color in small areas in case of masking flaws!
So, in what cases it is still possible to correct low-quality permanent makeup?
- If the new form can cover the previous unwanted form of permanent makeup.
- If the color of the existing permanent makeup is not darker than the desired color.
- If the pigment of the existing permanent make-up does not "spread" over the eyelid or lips.
- If the shape suits you and only the color of the pigment needs to be changed (for example, red eyebrows can be easily covered with color correctors).
Of course, overlapping is the quickest, inexpensive and least painful way to fix an unsuccessful tattoo, but, unfortunately, it happens that the "artwork" of the previous artist is sometimes impossible to fix. Here the following procedures and techniques for permanent removal can come to the rescue.
If overlapping doesn't help
1. Laser removal… With the help of a modern diode laser, even deep and long-lasting tattooing can be neutralized. It is the laser removal of permanent makeup that is a highly effective and safe method. Moreover, in this procedure, there is no skin injury and no pain. Depending on the depth of the injected pigment, it is necessary to visit from two to five sessions, each of which lasts no more than half an hour.
2. Removal with a remover… Remover is a penetrating chemical that removes the dye. The disadvantages of this procedure are that after it the client can observe peeling and crusting.
Remember, for any type of permanent make-up removal, you need to contact only professional masters who will tell you about contraindications and possible allergic reactions! Correctly and efficiently applied permanent makeup always looks very natural and at the same time spectacular.