Table of contents:
Do you like rich meals or fruit-filled yoghurts? We will show you how to make yoghurt at home. They can replace sour cream and mayonnaise.
Home or store-bought? It seems that making natural yoghurt at home without special equipment is unrealistic. In fact, the process is straightforward and simple. And the key tools are a can, a colander and a special thermometer. Learning how to make tasty and healthy yogurt.
How to make homemade yogurt: 3 best recipes
Homemade Greek Yogurt - Recipe 1
- 4 glasses of fresh milk;
- 4 tablespoons of natural yogurt;
- 2 tablespoons of cream.
How to cook:
- Heat 4 cups whole milk to 85 degrees. Then refrigerate it to 40 degrees.
- Add 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt to the milk without stirring.
- Once the milk has cooled, pour it into a clean container and stir well.
- Place the lid on the container and place it in a pot of warm water.
- Check the yogurt after 6 hours. Gently tilt the jar to make sure the yogurt has reached the desired consistency.
- Next, take a colander and place it in a large bowl. Cover the colander with gauze on top.
- Pour the yogurt into a colander. Thick yogurt should linger in the gauze.
- Roll up the cheesecloth and place it on a flat plate. Place something heavy on top.
- Put the structure in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Drain the whey and take out the thick yogurt.
Homemade yogurt in a yogurt maker - 2nd recipe
- 1 liter of milk;
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) instant skimmed milk powder
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) natural yoghurt with live active cultures.
How to make yogurt at home:
- Pour milk into a stainless steel saucepan and add milk powder. Stir the mixture well. Milk should not boil. Boil the milk for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover the saucepan and let the milk cool to 40 degrees. You can speed up the process and place the pot in ice water. But watch the temperature constantly.
- Place the yogurt in a small, clean bowl and whisk with a glass of cooled milk. Stir and pour the mixture into a saucepan. Next, pour the milk into the jars of the yogurt maker and start the thickening process.
- Cooking can take 4 to 22 hours. The longer you cook the yogurt, the more acidic it will become.
- To test homemade yoghurt, you can tilt the yoghurt maker slightly and observe the consistency.
- Cover the finished yogurt with a lid and refrigerate for several hours.
- If you want a thicker product, drain the whey. Plus, without whey, yoghurt lasts longer.
If you want a thicker product, drain the whey. Plus, without whey, yoghurt lasts longer.
Homemade yogurt without yogurt maker - 3rd recipe
- 4 glasses of fresh milk;
- 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt.
How to make homemade yogurt correctly:
- Pour 4 cups of milk into a saucepan and cook at just below the boil for 20 minutes.
- Then, dip the pan of milk in ice water to speed up the cooling process.
- Once the milk has cooled, stir in 3 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Pour the mixture into warm glass jars. And leave the future yogurt in a warm place for 12 hours.
- When the food is thick enough, put it in the refrigerator.
- If you like yogurt with different flavors, add syrup, jam, or fruit to your finished dairy product.
Yogurt can be a great addition to a diet breakfast or dinner. This natural product is suitable for diets based on a protein diet. Remember - store yoghurts are often high in sugar.