Table of contents:
- Size and capacity
- Model for a female figure
- Breathable back
- A light weight
- Additional pockets and easy access to content
- Useful little things
Every year travels gain momentum and become more popular, and you follow travel bloggers and dream of the same colorful adventures, but you just can't make up your mind, because you don't know where to start? We'll tell you: from a comfortable backpack! And the Swedish brand Thule, an expert in outdoor recreation, will tell you more about the important points to pay attention to when choosing it.
Where to start when choosing a women's backpack? If we are talking about a real attribute of travel, and not about a small decorative model, it is better to approach the choice of a "companion" not only from the point of view of appearance. Let's outline the most important points when choosing a women's backpack for travel.
Size and capacity
The most popular first question when choosing a backpack is what size it should be. It all depends on the goals, so it is important to understand how much of things you will need to pack exactly, and also take into account the duration of the trip.
- If you are a backpacker or are going on a hike for a long time, then you need to consider backpacks with 70 liters or more. This volume will be enough to accommodate a tent, a sleeping bag, a supply of food and other equipment that is necessary for an independent hiking trip.
- For a weekend hike with friends, an average backpack with a volume of 50-60 liters is suitable.
- If, on a long trip with a suitcase, a small outing from one point to another is planned, for example, a one-day excursion, then a backpack of 20-25 liters is perfect for such a case. It can hold a thermos, a small container with a snack, a camera, a jacket in case of cold weather, and various small items such as a flashlight and sunscreen. Also, due to its lightness and small size, such a model does not restrict movement and allows you to easily climb mountains.
The proportion of the backpack to your body also needs to be considered. The weight of the contents should be evenly distributed and not cause discomfort when moving, so when buying, ask the seller to help you try on and choose the right size. If the backpack holds all the necessary things, while leaving additional space and a few spare pockets in it, then you have chosen the right size.
The backpack should be made of moisture-resistant material, this will allow you not to worry about the safety of the contents during a light rain. Also, the fabric should be light but dense, tear-resistant and quick-drying. Many travel backpacks have a protective waterproof cover that can be worn in case of heavy rain.
Model for a female figure
Women's backpacks differ from men's backpacks in the way they fit. Therefore, it is better to choose models created specifically for the female figure, since their back is designed for small stature. Also, a good backpack should have a special fastening system that provides an ideal fit due to the ability to adjust the width of the shoulder straps, shoulder and waist straps. Most of the weight will be redistributed to the hips and relieve the back for a comfortable trip. For example, the Thule Guidepost features an improved TransHub attachment system with an aluminum base for easy portability and a hip belt that follows movement, and the adjustable QuickFit shoulder straps allow you to choose from three lengths.
During travel, the backpack is tightly pressed against the back and blocks air access to it, causing some inconvenience, therefore, for hot climates, it is especially important to choose a model with a breathable back or a mesh stretch panel on the back surface that fits close to the back, while maintaining the necessary space for adequate ventilation.
A light weight
Try to opt for a backpack with the lightest weight, as this will help you move faster and reduce fatigue due to a slight load on muscles and ligaments. Also, weight matters when traveling by plane.
Additional pockets and easy access to content
It is best to choose a backpack with a large number of external and internal pockets, in which you can easily place all the cosmetic bags, containers, gadgets and other necessary little things that will always be at hand. And in order to find the right thing at a certain point in the journey, it is important to find a model with access from the top (through the valve), from the bottom and from the side; this will also simplify loading and unloading the backpack.
Bright colors will not only make the trip pleasant, and the photos on Instagram colorful, but also prevent the backpack from getting lost in nature during a halt. And also, since on any trip (especially in the mountains) the backpack can get dirty a lot, it is better to choose non-stained colors.
Useful little things
And finally, a few additional functions that are not available in all models, but they should also be taken into account.
- Additional backpack. Some larger travel models have a small backpack with a large outer pocket that can be detached and used separately, which is great for hiking.
- The hip belt attachments or loops on the front of the backpack will help secure the trekking poles on the move. This function will be important for mountain climbing.